Overview for 2013
CBGC offers children an opportunity to play soccer with their neighborhood and area friends each fall. We offer Mini soccer for the youngest players (players born in 2007, 2008 & 2009), and County soccer for children both between 1998 and 2006. Please see details below for age requirements and further description. The season is fun, great exercise, and develops community camaraderie. The goal of our program is that every child can grow in their soccer skills and have a great time playing at their level of ability and interest.
Registration is now closed for the 2013 fall soccer season. Please register online for basketball if you can
. A registrar will also be present in person at some of the practices at Euclid (Pool) Park
if you have questions or you choose to pay with a check. For County and Intramurals, please register as soon as you can,
even if you will be on vacation and not be present at practices, coaches need to know what to expect. Registration closes early September, but by then some of the County teams may be closed to new participants.
Information on costs and downloadable forms are found on the Registration Information page
(soccer season is included in annual membership fee).
There will be a parent meeting at some point to share updated information on how formation of the leagues is progressing.
, 6:30 am Euclid (Pool) Park
: First Practice for County and Intramural players
: Saturdays: 9:30-11; Tuesdays and Thursdays: 6:30-8:00 pm
First Week September
: Mini soccer assessments
: Games start for County program
Sept. 15 or 22nd:
Games start for Mini programs
Click here for Game Schedule
- Mini program: Recreational program for younger boys and girls. The goal of the program is to introduce kids to the joy of soccer and to start developing foundational soccer skills.
- County: Recreational but competitive teams for boys and girls that play other clubs in PG county. We usually try to form boys and girls teams in the following age groups: 7U (2006), 8U (2005), 10U Girls (2003), 10U Boys (2003), 11U (2002), 12U (2001) 13/14U (1998 - 2000).Selection of team members will mostly occur by the end of August try-out season.
: The program information listed above is subject to change depending on Prince George's County Boys and Girls Club decisions and the turnout at other clubs. We will confirm the team structure and guidelines for this year when county decisions are made. Site will be updated as appropriate.
Coaches & Volunteers Needed
We are always looking for interested parents, family and friends, who want to head coach, assistant coach, line fields, etc. for every program. If interested, please indicate interest during registration for soccer program. For more information or to volunteer, please email the commissioner or appropriate cordinator, or preferably all three (email links above).
There will likely be a modest fee for soccer uniforms or jerseys. Also, each player should bring to practice:
- A large water bottle filled with cold water – it’s very hot early in season
- Their own soccer ball - we want each child to have their own to maximize ball touches. Ages 7-10U use a size 4, while 11-18U use size 5.
- Shin guards are required for games and practices
- Soccer cleats - Cleats must be plastic, not metal. Don't buy football cleats that have a cleat right at the front toe.